Our church community gathers weekly on Sundays at 10am to worship God because of his grace in the gospel. We come to sing, pray, study the Bible, celebrate the Lord’s Supper, and to simply be together. We meet at the Ambrose School on Chinden and Locust Grove. Though not affiliated with the school, they rent their facility to us which provides a great location, easy access, and parking. Park anywhere in the lot and follow the signs for the south entry on Locust Grove.
As you walk in, greeters hand everyone a bulletin with that week’s songs, Scriptures, and prayers. We walk you through each component of the worship service so no one feels like an outsider. The worship includes historic forms with modern melodies and common language. We usually wrap up around 11:20am and linger afterwards to visit and catch up. You should always feel free to participate in worship or just sit and observe.
Unique Expectations During Covid
During this continuing period of Covid and all its variants, we intend to remain in compliance with CDC guidelines to minimize risk and maintain an environment in which our community feels safe. We are thankful to be meeting in a large room which allows distancing, and has ample ventilation. Out of love for God and concern for our neighbors, friends, and those with whom we worship, the following safeguards remain in place:
1. Rows of chairs are shorter and spaced further apart (not like the picture to the right).Alternate Grinning Face
2. Rather than being handed a bulletin, please pick one up on the back table as you enter.
3. Please consider wearing a mask in the sanctuary, regardless of vaccination status.
4. Please be considerate and respect the conscience of those who are reluctant to shake hands or give hugs.
5. If you have respiratory symptoms, or have recently tested positive for Covid, please stay home and watch us via livestream.
Our community worship is a mix of all ages. For children younger than five, we have a safe and secure nursery staffed with certified workers where kids have a range of age-appropriate toys and craft stations to play with. We use a Kid Check program for security. There is also a video feed of the worship live-streamed to the Conference Room at the end of the hallway for anyone who needs to step out of the service.
It can be intimidating just walking through the doors into a new social environment. We appreciate your willingness to try something new. We do not have a dress code–come as you are. Folks wear a mix of everything from a suit to a t-shirt and jeans–wear what you feel comfortable in.